Over the past week, the following companies made important announcements regarding their future dividend payments…
- Ford (F) announced a quarterly dividend increase of 100% for the first quarter of 2013. The new dividend will be $.10 per share, up from $.05. The first quarter dividend is payable on March 1 to shareholders of record on January 30.
- Goldcorp (GG) declared its first monthly dividend payment for 2013 of $.05 per share. Shareholders of record at the close of business on Thursday, January 17 will be entitled to receive payment of this dividend on Friday, January 25. The payment reflects an increase of 11% to the annual dividend approved by Goldcorp’s Board of Directors. Goldcorp has increased its dividend by 233% since 2009.
- Sabra Health Care (SBRA) announce a quarterly dividend increase of $.01 to $.34 per share, representing a 3% increase. The dividend will be paid on February 28 to stockholders of record as of the close of business on February 15.
- DDR Corp. (DDR) announced a quarterly dividend increases of 12.5% to $.135 from $.12 per share.
- Genesis Energy (GEL) declared a regular quarterly distribution of $.485 per Common Unit for the quarter ended December 31, 2012. The distribution will be paid on February 14 to Unitholders of record at the close of business on February 1. This distribution represents an increase of approximately 10.2% over Q4 2011 quarterly distribution of $.44 per unit, and an approximate 2.6% increase over the distribution paid with respect to Q3 2012.
- Core Laboratories N.V. (CLB) declared a quarterly cash dividend of $.32 per share of common stock for shareholders of record on January 22 and payable February 22. This amount represents a 14.2% increase over the quarterly dividends of $.28 per share that were paid in 2012.
- Alliant Energy Corporation (LNT) declared a quarterly dividend of $.47 per share, up from $.45, payable on February 15 to shareowners of record on close of business January 31.
- Shaw Communications (SJR) announced it will increase the equivalent annual dividend rate to C$1.02 on its Class B Non-Voting Participating Shares and C$1.0175 on its Class A Participating Shares. This represents an increase of 5% or C$0.05 per share. Shaw’s dividends are declared and paid on a monthly basis and this increase will commence March 27, 2013.
Special Dividends and Dividend Announcements
- AbbVie (ABBV) declared an inaugural dividend of $.40 per share. The cash dividend is payable February 15 to stockholders of record at the close of business on January 15.
- Realty Income (O) announced that upon the closing of the merger with ARCT, its board intends to increase the annualized dividend to Realty Income stockholders by approximately $.35 per share, to an annualized rate of $2.17 per share beginning with the February distribution. This represents a $.22 increase to the original dividend increase of $.13 per share that Realty Income estimated when the transaction was initially announced. In addition, Realty Income announced it will raise the annualized dividend by $.10 per share in February even if the ARCT transaction does not close. The $.35 per share estimated annualized dividend increase expected after the close of the merger with ARCT includes this $.10 per share increase.
- MetLife (MET) declared a Q1 common stock dividend of $.185 per share. The dividend will be payable on March 13 to shareholders of record as of February 6. As previously announced, beginning this year, MetLife has transitioned to paying common stock dividends quarterly. The company previously paid its common stock dividend on an annual basis.
- Sunrise Senior Living (SRZ) announced the closing of its previously announced acquisition by Health Care REIT (HCN). As a result of these transactions, Sunrise stockholders will receive a total of $14.50 in cash per share, comprised of $12.40 in cash per share as merger consideration and $2.10 in cash per share as a special dividend.
This information is provided by Theflyonthewall.com
TheFlyOnTheWall.com is a source for up-to-the-minute financial news. Known for its unbiased market intelligence, TheFly has been serving professional and individual investors worldwide for more than 12 years. TheFly’s news feed keeps investors informed of all the news moving on the wires and circulating throughout Wall Street trading desks. Become an informed investor. Try all of TheFly’s services FREE for 30-days by clicking here.