Over the past week, the following companies made important announcements regarding their future dividend payments…
- Boeing (BA) announced a 10% increase in the company’s regular quarterly dividend to $.485 cents per share and the resumption of its stock repurchase program with repurchases currently expected to total between $1.5B and $2B in 2013.
- Pfizer (PFE) increases Q1 dividend approximately 9% to $.24, up from $.22 per share. The dividend is payable March 5, 2013, to shareholders of record at the close of business on February 1, 2013.
- Rent-A-Center (RCII) announced a 31% increase in its quarterly cash dividend from $.16 per share to $.21 per share, beginning with the dividend for the first quarter of 2013. The dividend will be paid on January 24, 2013, to common stockholders of record as of the close of business on January 3, 2013.
- AXIS Capital (AXS) announced a dividend increase of 4% to $.25 per share. The common dividend will be payable on January 15, 2013 to the shareholders of record at the close of business on December 31.
- CAP Financial (KCAP) approved a quarterly cash dividend of $.28, up from $.24, per share of common stock for the quarter ended December 31. The dividend is payable on January 28, 2013 to shareholders of record at the close of business as of December 28, 2012. The company said it has adopted a dividend reinvestment plan, or DRIP, that provides for reinvestment of dividends on behalf of our stockholders, unless a stockholder elects to receive cash.
- Realty Income Corporation (O) announced an increase in the company’s common stock monthly cash dividend to $.15175 per share from $.1514375 per share. The dividend is payable on January 15, 2013 to shareholders of record as of January 1, 2013. The new monthly dividend amount represents an annualized dividend amount of $1.821 per share as compared to the previous annualized dividend amount of $1.81725 per share. The company continues its long-term policy of declaring and paying dividends on a monthly, rather than on a quarterly, basis.
- KBR (KBR) announced a 60% increase in the quarterly cash dividend to $.08 per share, payable on April 15, 2013 to shareholders of record as of March 15, 2013. The company’s dividend for the comparable period last year was $.05.
- Dominion (D) declared an increase in its annual dividend rate 6.6% to $2.25 per share. The board also set a 2013 dividend rate of $2.25 per share of common stock, up from $2.11 per share in 2012, or a 6.6% increase. Subject to board declaration in January, the first quarterly dividend of $.5625 per share will be payable in March 2013.
- The Andersons (ANDE) announced a first quarter 2013 cash dividend of $.16, up from $.15 per share payable January 23, 2013, to shareholders of record on January 2, 2013.
- Edison International (EIX) declared a quarterly common stock dividend of $.3375 per share, payable January 31, 2013, to shareholders of record on December 31. This action increases the annual dividend from $1.30 per share to $1.35 per share.
- Discover (DFS) announced an increase in its dividend by 40% to $.14 from $.10. The dividend is payable on January 17, 2013, to stockholders of record at the close of business on January 3, 2013.
Special Dividends and Dividend Announcements
- Annaly Capital Management (NLY) declared the Q4 common stock cash dividend of $.45 per common share, down from $.50 per share. This dividend is payable January 29, 2013, to common shareholders of record on December 28. The ex-dividend date is December 26.
- Washington Federal (WAFD) parent company of Washington Federal, announced a quarterly cash dividend of $.08 per share. The dividend will be payable on December 31 to common stockholders of record on December 27. The dividend is being accelerated from the normal January payment date in consideration of potentially higher dividend tax rates in 2013.
- Xyratex’s (XRTX) declared a quarterly cash dividend of $.075 per common share and approved the acceleration of the dividend payable date to December 31 to shareholders of record at the close of business on December 27. The quarterly dividend would otherwise have been declared in January 2013 with Xyratex’s quarterly earnings results for Q4.
- Xyratex (XRTX) has declared a one-time, special cash dividend of $2.00 per share. The special cash dividend will be distributed on December 31 to shareholders of record as at the close of business on December 27.
- Arbitron (ARB) announced a change in the payment date of the company’s quarterly cash dividend of $.10 per common share. This dividend will be paid on or about December 31. This quarterly cash dividend was previously scheduled to be paid on or about January 2, 2013. The record date associated with this dividend payment remains unchanged at December 14.
- Colony Financial (CLNY) declared a $.05 special dividend, changes Q4 record date. The special dividend will be paid on January 15, 2013 to stockholders of record on December 27. In addition, the company also announced that the record date of its previously announced quarterly dividend of $.35 per common share for Q4 has been changed to December 27.
- Central Securities (CET) declared a special dividend of $.20 per share. The dividend is to be paid on January 16, 2013 to holders of record as of December 28.
- Southcoast Financial (SOCB) announced a 15% stock dividend payable to all shareholders of record as of December 31. The dividend will be distributed January 17, 2013.
- WhiteHorse Finance (WHF) has declared a dividend of $.108 per share in respect of the quarter ending December 31. This dividend reflects a quarterly rate of $.355 per share, proportionally reduced to reflect the number of days in the fourth quarter after the pricing of the company’s IPO. The dividend will be payable on January 8, 2013 to stockholders of record as of December 28, 2012.
- Neurobiological Technologies (NTII) announced an extraordinary dividend of $.05 per share of common stock, which will be paid on December 27 to stockholders of record as of December 20.
- Ubiquiti Networks (UBNT) announced a special cash dividend of $.18 per share to be paid on December 28 to stockholders of record as of December 24.
- Peoples Financial (PFBX) declared a regular semiannual cash dividend of $.10 per common share, payable December 31, 2012, to stockholders of record December 28.
- Astro-Med (ALOT) declared a $.07 special dividend payable December 31. The dividend is payable on December 31 to shareholders of record as of December 27. This dividend is in addition to the company’s regular quarterly $.07 dividend declared on November 19 and payable on December 27.
- Horizon Bancorp (HBNC) declared a dividend of $.10 per share to shareholders of record on December 24. The dividend is payable on December 31. In light of the potential for tax increases in 2013, the Board determined that it would be advisable to accelerate this dividend payment into the 2012 calendar year.
- Nu Skin (NUS) announces 50% dividend increase to $.30 from $.20.
- Delek US Holdings (DK) announced a special cash dividend of $.10 per share. Shareholders of record on January 8, 2013 will receive the special cash dividend payable on January 29, 2013.
- Western Asset Mortgage Capital Corporation (WMC) has declared a regular quarterly cash dividend of $.90 per share for Q4 and an additional dividend of $.22 per share. These dividends are payable on January 29, 2013 to common shareholders of record as of December 31, with an ex-dividend date of December 27.
- Heidrick & Struggles (HSII) declared a quarterly cash dividend of $.13 per share payable on December 31 to shareholders of record at the close of business on December 27. This dividend would have typically been paid in 1Q13.
- Mackinac Financial (MFNC) the bank holding company for mBank, announced a cash dividend of $.04 per common share, payable January 7, 2013 to shareholders of record as of December 31. This is the first dividend declared by the Corporation since its recapitalization in December of 2004.
- Main Street Capital (MAIN) will pay a special cash dividend of $.35 per share in January 2013, which is in addition to Main Street’s regular monthly dividends of $.15 per share to be paid in each of January, February and March 2013. The special dividend will be payable as set forth below to stockholders who purchase shares prior to, and hold such shares on, the January 2, 2013 ex-dividend date.
- Aaron’s,(AAN) announced a change in the payment date of its quarterly cash dividend. The payment date for the quarterly cash dividend of $.17 per share as been changed to December 31, 2012 from January 4, 2013. The record date for the quarterly dividend remains unchanged at December 3.
- THL Credit (TCRD) announced a special dividend of $.05 per share payable on January 28, 2013, to stockholders of record as of December 31, 2012.
- National Beverage (FIZZ) has chosen the payment date of December 27 for the previously announced special cash dividend. The company is paying $2.55 per share to holders of record as of December 7.
- EQT Corporation (EQT) announced it will cut its annual dividend to $.12 following gas utility sale. The new dividend rate of $.12 per share reflects the blend of EQT’s two remaining core businesses – a dividend-supporting midstream business, and a capital-intensive, rapidly growing production business.
- Diamond Hill Investment Group (DHIL) confirmed the payment of its special dividend of $8.00 per share. The company estimates that between $4.75 and $5.25 of the special dividend will be characterized as qualified dividend income, with the balance characterized as return of capital. The company expects to finalize the tax characterization of the dividend in late January 2013.
This information is provided by Theflyonthewall.com
TheFlyOnTheWall.com is a source for up-to-the-minute financial news. Known for its unbiased market intelligence, TheFly has been serving professional and individual investors worldwide for more than 12 years. TheFly’s news feed keeps investors informed of all the news moving on the wires and circulating throughout Wall Street trading desks. Become an informed investor. Try all of TheFly’s services FREE for 30-days by clicking here.