Over the past week, the following companies — each of which have grown their dividend every year for at least the past five years in a row — made important announcements regarding their future dividend payments.
Please note that the stocks below aren’t specific investment recommendations. We simply offer this list as an FYI for investors interested in dividend growth stocks that continue to raise their payouts.
- W. R. Berkley (WRB)( 10%increase)- announced a 10% increase to it’s dividend to bring it up to $.44 per share. The first quarterly dividend at the new rate of $.11 per share will be paid on July 1, to stockholders of record at the close of business on June 10.
- Unum (UNM)( 14%increase)- announced an increase of 14% in the quarterly dividend paid on its common stock. The new rate of $.165 per common share, or $.66 per share on an annual basis, will be effective with the dividend expected to be paid in 3Q14.
- Pentair (PNR)( 20% increase)- announced an increase in its cash dividend to $1.20 per share. Payment of the dividend will be made in four equal quarterly installments of $.30 in Q3, Q4, 1Q15 and 2Q15. The dividends will be paid out of Pentair’s capital contribution reserve and represents an increase of $.05 per share per quarter over the previous dividend.
- American States Water (AWR)( 5.2%increase)- announced and increase in its quarterly dividend by 5.2% to $.213 per share. The dividend will be payable on September 2, to shareholders of record at the close of business on August 15.
- Republic Bancorp (RBCAA)( 6%increase)- declared an increase in its cash dividend to $.187 per Class A Common Stock and $.17 per share on Class B Common Stock will be payable July 18, to shareholders of record as of June 20.
- Donaldson (DCI)( 18%increase)- announced a quarterly dividend incrase of 18% to $.165 from $.14 per share. The dividend is payable June 20th to shareholders of record as of June 6th.
- Flowers Foods (FLO)( 6.7%increase)- announced a quarterly dividend of $.12 per share, which represents an increase of 6.7% over the dividend paid previously. The dividend is payable on June 18, to shareholders of record on June 4.
- Northrop Grumman (NOC)( 15%increase)- declared a quarterly dividend of $.70 per share on common stock, a 15% increase from the prior quarterly dividend of $.61 per share. The dividend is payable June 18 to shareholders of record as of the close of business June 2.
- Williams (WMB)( 5.6%increase)- declared a dividend of $.425 on the company’s common stock, payable June 30 to holders of record at the close of business June 13. The new amount is an increase of $.0725, or 20.6%, from 2Q13 dividend. The 2Q14 dividend is an increase of $.0225 or 5.6% from the previous quarterly dividend of $.4025 per share.
- Tiffany & Co. (TIF)(12%increase)- declared a regular quarterly dividend of $.38 per share of common stock, reflecting a 12% increase in the quarterly rate from $.34 per share. The dividend will be paid on July 10 to stockholders of record on June 20.
- Monro Muffler (MNRO)( 18%increase)- announced an increase in its dividend to $.13 per share. For Q1, the dividend will be payable on June 12, to shareholders of record as of June 2.
- Bunge Limited (BG)(13% increase)- declared an increase in the company’s regular quarterly cash dividend to $.34 per share from $.30 per share. The new dividend is payable on September 2 to shareholders of record on August 19.
When compiling this list we considered Dave Van Knapp’s “5-Year Rule”… which means we’ve only considered stocks that have grown their dividends each year for at least the past five years.
We identified these stocks using David Fish’s popular “Dividend Champions, Contenders and Challengers” list.
This information is provided by Theflyonthewall.com
TheFlyOnTheWall.com is a source for up-to-the-minute financial news. Known for its unbiased market intelligence, TheFly has been serving professional and individual investors worldwide for more than 12 years. TheFly’s news feed keeps investors informed of all the news moving on the wires and circulating throughout Wall Street trading desks. Become an informed investor. Try all of TheFly’s services FREE for 30-days by clicking here.